I have recently been nominated by Nailartoholic for the Sunshine blogger award. Be sure to check out her blog to be inspired and get great tips!
What is the Sunshine blogger award?
I am still pretty new to the blogging scene so this was very new to me too. The award aims to show recognition to a blog with a fairly small number of followers. It uses the motto “positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogsphere”. I love this little phrase I think it nails (pardon the pun) why most of us blog and share what we love doing.
It has a few steps to complete but they aren’t exactly boring ones.
The steps are:
1) Display the award logo
2) Show appreciation to the blogger that nominated you by acknowledging them in your blog – nailartoholic
3) Share 7 random facts about yourself
4) Nominate 15 bloggers that you admire and share the award linking them in your blog.
6) Contact your 15 chosen bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
The award seems to have chain mail letter type qualities, however, it doesn’t include any threats or pointless messages! It is a great way of sharing and appreciating blogs alike and I love the idea of it – hence why I am sharing this post.
7 facts about myself:
1) I have always had an interest in nail art but started doing it more about a year and a half ago.
2) I absolutely love ice cream sandwiches but they are hard to find in the UK (maybe for the best)
3) I am really into dance – I used to be a competitive irish dancer and absolutely loved it.
4) I am a lover of travel – I have lived in UK, USA, Belgium and Singapore.
5) I am interested in film, I did it as an A level but decided not to pursue it at uni.
6) I have the most gorgeous dog, she is a whippet, jack russell, yorkshire terrier mix and is adorable.
7) I am into all beauty products, not just polish. I would love to follow more beauty blogs – I’m always keen to learn about new products and the latest tips.
My nominations: (In no particular order)
6) La Gazelle
9) Dahlia Nails
12) Jaybee Journal
It will be great seeing posts and facts if my nominations decide to share this award and if not that’s absolutely fine. You were nominated because I really enjoy your nail/beauty blog and wanted to share it with the blogging world.